No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better...

Friday, November 4, 2011

Winter wonderland

Hello everybody,

After my last very wordy post, I thought you'd like a short post with photos to start your weekend.  (Apologies in advance for the quality - they were taken in fading light with my eye phone).

I really wanted to take part in Silverpebble and Thrifty Household's Making Winter bloghop but thought I had nothing to offer.  The trees are indeed on the turn here too, but living in the city, we are but poor relations to the Fall splendour that is New England. (Check out these amazing images here.  But then I was walking home the other night and saw this and thought you might like a peek at what the colder weather brings to Manhattan.

All over the island around this time of year, the ice rinks open for business.  There's the Central Park rink and the rink in Bryant Park.  But the one I pass every day on the way to work is this one at the Rockefeller Center.


And just at the point when the leaves start to fall and the trees begin to look shorn, you see men in bucket trucks stringing up fairy lights everywhere.


And it never fails to make me smile and glad that it's winter again in the city.

C.x

4 comments:

  1. I hope you don't miss all the city bright lights when you move to Aldeburgh! The grand Christmas light switch on happens on the 26 November - the lefalet promises roller skating christmas puddings and stilt walking christmas trees. I suspect that the leaflet may have been missing some punctuation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos- I could almost hear the music in the background (they do skate to music don't they?)

    Have you uploaded them to the flickr pool? If not, please do as they are lovely & might help to convince Emma that winter can be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I've always wanted to ice skate in Central Park and the lights always make everything look so romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so so beautiful!!!! I honestly think you must have the most amazing, interesting and tempting walk to work!!!! I would never get to work...I would be too busy looking at all the wondrous things en route! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...