No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better...

Monday, September 26, 2011

Six words: what would yours be?

Hello everybody,

A wordy post today (with an Etsy or two at the end).

First day back at work today.  Sigh.  My back is okay.  Still not right, but better.  Acupucture helps.

While I was at home, I came across this book:


Available here
 According to NPR, legend has it that when Ernest Hemmingway was asked to write a story in 6 words, he responded: "For sale: baby shoes, never worn."  How sad is that?  Fabulous, but sad.

There are others:

"Love me or leave me alone."

""Waching quietly from every doorframe." (Doesn't that make you want to go and stand beside this person?)

"A sake Mom, not soccer Mom." (tee hee)

"Extremely responsible.  Secretly longed for sponteneity."

"Almost a victim of my family." (Ouch.)

"The psychic said I'd be richer."

More here and here and here.

I've had lots of fun with mine.

"I can't wait to stop moving."
"Finally getting what this is about."
"Serious person, serious job.  No thanks."  would definitely figure (today of all days).
"I finally wrote that novel.  Hurray!" (wishful thinking)
"Held out for the right man."  Soppy, but true :)

So, I was wondering what yours might be?  I'd looooove to read some. 

Okay, and if you've made it this far, then here's the Etsy of the day:

Not usually into things like this but he's adorable.
He's from RutaFelt.

Or this rather elegant sewing machine (if that's not a contradiction) from Moxie Doll


Anyway, think that's enough words for today.  Put your thinking caps on and send me your six words.  Would love to read them.

C.x

10 comments:

  1. I love the 6 word stories but inspiration has abandoned me & left me with an empty brain- will return later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. We had a "postcard" competition here a while ago, where you had to write a story in 6 words, I loved reading the examples.
    Sadly todays for me wodul be
    Tired. No inspiration. Back to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this. It's been a stressful day at work for me, so maybe now's not the time for me to come up with my words! I'll maybe give it some thought at the weekend, or after a large bar of chocolate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here goes...

    Violinist fiddling until tax demand arrives.

    Baldy weds Rapunzel. They share hair.

    Milkmaid smiles, Farmer sows, child born.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is great fun, I love Thrifty Household's contributions! Here's mine

    Sun, rain, seed,flowers, food,heaven.

    The little Etsy robin is adorable. Have a great week, hope you are feeling a little better. Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a cup of tea!

    Never a truer six words said. Glad you're back to work (if you know what I mean!) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter is taking her 11+ in a week's time and the pressure is getting to us all so:

    Knowledge is not everything. Happiness is.

    So glad you are feeling better. The robin is so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun :D Here are mine.

    Married for love not money. Broke!

    Never too old for dancing. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear! It was rather unfortunate . . .

    OR

    It was a nice little story.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...