No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better...

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Meandering

I don't know about you, but I store up random odds and ends to tell you as I go through my day, and then something happens and I never get to post about them.  But going through my pictures today, there are a few things that I just knew you'd like, even if they come across as a bit random.

1. My sister asked me to buy an iPad which we delivered the last time we were home a few weeks back.  We spent a little time fiddling with it and generally revealing that we are not part of the tech generation (or whatever letter that is - we had generation X some time ago now...)  While we were distracted with something else, my niece got hold of it and drew a self portrait:

Isn't she lovely?  She is eight.  (If she could send along a picture of her brother, I would love to show you that too.)

I gave my sister this:



2.  We had a lovely day out in Brighton.  After pootling around furniture shops all morning, we had lunch at a cafe with this in the window:


Bonkers.  Lovely, but bonkers.

3.   I read here that vertical gardens are very much the thing at the moment.  But have you seen the one in Trafalgar Square?


Apparently, it's inspired by A Wheatfield With Cypresses by Van Gogh.  How lovely is that?

4. If you are ever near the National Portrait Gallery, then make your way to the fifth floor.  The bar offers such a beautiful view over London, even on a grim grey day.


5. Isn't the ship in a bottle on the Plinth just lovely?


6. I never did tell you that awhile back, Mr. P and I went to hear Edna O'Brien read from Saints and Sinners, her new collection of short stories.  Of course, I went for the stories, which are beautiful.  It didn't hurt that she was being interviewed by Gabriel Byrne.

Dodgy photo taken with my iPhone - sorry


We will draw a dignified veil over my failed attempts not to drool...

So, there you are.  Random things that I felt you needed to know.

C.x

4 comments:

  1. I like a random post, me!
    That knitted Royal Pavillion is a marvellous thing. Why would anyone do that?!!
    And I love your picture of a rainy London- takes me back to my university days. I do miss the big smoke.
    Enjoy your Sunday.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random but fun! Love the vertical garden...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your random collection & to end with the lovely Gabriel is just perfect. LOVE his voice, I am such a sucker for that Irish brogue...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your randomness today, it makes me realise that we never take advantage of the London that is on our doorstep. The knitted pavilion is fab, what a work of art!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...