No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better...

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bear with me...

Last weekend, I decided that it was about time that I started labelling my posts.  And I'm not very good at remembering to do it, so I thought if I went through the laborious exercise of labelling all my earlier posts, this would teach me to remember from now on.  So I started with the very first post (First, the name) and wasn't sure I could do this without having to publish it again.  It seems you can't so I published it and then quickly deleted this bcause it seems a bit silly to be talking about the name of the blog after two months.  But then I found that the post had disappeared completely.  I was a bit miffed, because after all, it's my name. I made it up.  I've come to like it rather a lot....

So, I went on a trawl and found the text of the first post today.  And because I clearly don't know what I'm doing, the only thing I can think of is to publish it again, so that at least it's there somewhere.  With apologies to those who already know why I called my blog noknittedknickers, here again is the explanation (complete with labels).  Lesson learned.

First, the name...

My New Year's resolution is to make things.  To some that might not be a very challenging or specific resolution.  If I 'make' beans on toast, does that count? But to be frank, I wanted to be free to bake/sew/knit/crochet/cook/photograph/write myself into being creative, without the pressure of needing to have re-covered the sofa or made a whole new wardrobe by the end of the year.

And I've never been much of a diary keeper but I thought it might be fun to write about my attempts, however pathetic they turn out to be.  And maybe even get some tips from people along the way. 

So, I was wondering what to call my blog.  All the good or obvious names were taken - Look What I Made! and Here's One I made Earlier were favourites.  Made by Me seemed factual but a bit lacking.  And then I started thinking about what it wasn't going to be about.  And I have no aspirations to become a paid-up member of the knit-your-own-knickers brigade.  So there you have it -
noknittedknickers. 

If you're in any doubt, have a look at these howlers.



Though these rather lovely creations are almost enough to make me change my mind.


(incidentally, if anyone knows a whizzy way to label old posts, I'd be delighted to hear from you...)

C.x

7 comments:

  1. I am with you on this one - I have been having my own technical struggles with blogging to contend with recently and I have absolutely no desire to knit myself some knickers! I think I am too frightened to go back and change anything, I might delete the whole lot by mistake...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you go to the Edit Posts tab in Blogger, there's a "Label Actions" dropdown. With that, you can apply either labels you've used before or a new label to checked posts (just click the square checkbox on the far left of the post line) and hey presto, large-batch label application.

    Are you on Ravelry? If so, take a look at the "Naughty" category. Plenty of racy knickers to knit and crochet there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a great blog name, Claire. I chose Apples and Pears because I love Scandanavian design and it is a popular motif. Also I make blankets and apples and pears is cockney slang for stairs = bed time = blankets...well it made sense to me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS love the idea of racy knitted knickers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nora, thanks so much. I'm giong to have lots of fun labelling all my old posts. Will certainly check out revelry too. Wouldn't have thought to look up "naughty" on a knitting website... :) C.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being your newest follower it was really interesting to learn about your blogs name and see your first post without going searching! I find knitted underwear quite strange so when I saw your blog name I had to come and take a look! Good look with labeling, Hope you manage without losing everything!

    Samantha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your blog name is really quirky. I'm not technically minded at all so I publish my post then leave well alone, I'd probably end up deleting my blog otherwise.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...